With Coronavirus, it can seem like each day means more services closing for the near future. Below are resources for seniors and caregivers that are still available in some capacity.
Note: Please note that information is rapidly changing. This information is current as of March 25, 2020 and will be updated as needed. Call a resource before visiting.
Food Assistance- Food Pantries
- Bethesda Bible Church (2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month 10:00am-12:00pm)
- Catholic Social Services Northside Food Pantry (Tu 2:00-5:30pm & Th 10:00am-2:30pm) (Reopens 3/31)
- Community Action Network/Bryant Community Center (W, Th 10:00am-12:00pm)
- Faith in Action (M, W 11:00am-7:00pm & Tu, Th 9:00am-4:00pm)- Dexter food pantry closed until mid-May
- Jewish Family Services (Delivery only)– call (734) 769-0209
- New Progressive Missionary Baptist Church (Third Wednesday of the month 1:00-3:00pm)
- Peace Neighborhood Center (produce only) (Fridays 10:00am- 12:00pm)
- Salvation Army- Ann Arbor (Tu, Th 10:00-11:45am & 1:00-3:00pm)
- Salvation Army- Ypsilanti (W 1:00-4:00pm, Fri & Sa 9:00am-12:00pm)
- St. Andrews Church (Sa 7:30-8:30am)
- SOS Community Food Pantry (Tu 1:00-6:30pm, W 9:00am-1:00pm)
- Click here for a full list compiled by Food Gatherers
Food Assistance- Home Delivered and Carry Out Meals
- Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels (currently has wait list)
- Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels (currently has wait list- must have medical necessity )
- Pittsfield Township Senior Center is offering carry out meals (Must be an established participant to receive meals)
- Food Gatherers Community Kitchen
- St. Andrews Church (7 days/week 7:30-8:30am)- Carry out only
- Various district courts have suspended evictions
- Tenant Resources/Know Your Rights
- SOS Community Services has installed porta potties with sinks at both their Ypsilanti locations to help those experiencing homelessness meet their hygiene needs (114 North River Street in Ypsilanti &101 South Huron Street in Ypsilanti)
- AAATA/The Ride will temporarily suspend the collection of fares on all fixed routes and demand response services to limit passenger and driver interaction.
Home Services– Utilities
- Consumers Energy has suspended gas shutoffs for non-payment for low-income customers and older adults. Call 1-800-477-5050 with questions.
- DTE has suspended shutoffs for non-payment for low-income customers and older adults. If you are in need of payment assistance due to loss of income or a medical condition, call 1-800-477-4747.
- Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority has waived late fees for payments through April 5, 2020. Call (734) 484-4600 with questions.
- Dexter residents can call the City of Dexter if they are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Dexter’s Utility Billing Clerk can be reached at (734) 580-2232.
- Saline residents can call the City of Saline if they are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Saline’s Utility Billing Clerk can be reached at (734) 429-4907, Ext. 2204.
- Milan is waiving penalties to late payments for utilities. Residents can set up a payment plan without interest.
- Faith in Action has emergency funds to help with gas, water, and electric shut off as well as eviction notices.
- AT&T will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Call (800) 288-2020 if you need help paying your bill.
- Sprint will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Verizon will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Comcast offering ‘Internet Essentials’ package free for low-income customers for 60 days
- Hope Clinic (visit online or call 734-484-2989)
- Packard Health
- Ann Arbor West: (734) 926-4900
- Ann Arbor East: (734) 971-1073
- Ypsilanti: (734) 985-7200
- Individuals in need of health insurance can contact Washtenaw Health Plan by phone to receive assistance applying for Medicaid
- Michigan COVID-19 Hotline for Questions: 1-888-535-6136 (Call M-F 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Washtenaw County Health Department’s page on Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Community Mental Health of Washtenaw County Crisis Line (734) 544-3050.
- Jewish Family Services (visit online or call 734-769-0209)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (800-799-7233)
- Well Connected offers activities, education, support groups, and friendly conversation over the phone or online (visit online or call 877-797-7299).
- Information for Deaf individuals (via National Association of the Deaf)
- Ann Arbor Distilling Company giving away free hand sanitizer
- What to do if you see price gouging
- Grocery pickup/delivery
- Aldi: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Costco: Offers curbside pickup through Instacart ($9.99/month). You do not have to be a Costco member.
- FreshThyme: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Kroger: Offering free curbside pickup, no minimum purchase
- Meijer: Offers curbside pickup for $4.45 or delivery for $9.95 (not all stores are participating, e.g., Meijer Ypsilanti)
- Plum Market: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Walmart: Offers free curbside pickup and delivery with minimum $50 order
- Muslim Community Association of Ann Arbor is offering free home delivery of groceries and medication to older adults/those who are high risk for COVID-19
- Stores offering special Senior Hours
- Aldi: Tu, Th 8:30-9:30am
- Dollar General: M-F 8:00-9:00am
- Kroger: M, W, F 7:00-8:00am
- Meijer: Tu, Th 7:00-8:00am
- Target: W 8:00-9:00am
- Walmart: Tu 7:00-8:00am (includes vision centers and pharmacy)
- Whole Foods: M-F 8:00-9:00am
- Pet Supplies Plus offers free 2-hr curbside pickup on online orders
- Huron Valley Humane Society Pet Food Assistance
- Huron Valley Humane Society Bountiful Bowls Pet Food Pantry (visit online or call 734-661-3528)
- Huron Valley Humane Society Safe Harbor Program for pets whose owners are hospitalized and are without other resources (visit online or call 734-661-3512).
Click below to download a printable flyer with information about resources:
Hoping you stay safe, healthy, and connected! – The Ahead of the Curve team