With Coronavirus, it can seem like each day means more services closing for the near future. Below are resources for seniors and caregivers that are still available in some capacity.
Note: Please note that information is rapidly changing. This information is current as of August 5, 2021 and will be updated as needed. Call a resource before visiting.
- Ascent Urgent Care (140 S Industrial Dr, Saline). 7 days/wk 1:00-4:00 pm (results in 72 hours)
- Clinics do not give out the results. Once you get one time email containing the PDF COVID-19 test results, open the PDF file using your four digit year of birth as a password.
- CVS Health COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Site (Ann Arbor – South Industrial) (results in 1-2 business days). Must register in advance.
- CVS Health COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Site (Ann Arbor – West Stadium) (results in 1-2 business days). Must register in advance.
- IHA Urgent Care @ EMU (Ypsilanti) M-F 8:00am-6:00pm/ weekends 8:00am-4:00pm (results in 24-72 hours). Must register in advance.
- Kroger has partnered with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to offer testing. Click here for more information.
- Living Hope Church of the Nazarene (2780 Packard Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108) (Fridays 4:00-7:00pm)
- Michigan Medicine (current patients only)– Drive up testing. 380 Packard Plaza, Ann Arbor, MI 48103/ (734) 936-4000.
- Michigan Urgent Care & Occupational Health (Ann Arbor- 3280 Washtenaw Ave). 7 days/wk 7:00am-10:00pm (results in 14-16 days)
- Prognify Urgent Care & Walk-in Clinic (Ann Arbor- Washtenaw Ave). M-F 10:00am-5:00pm (results in 2-5 business days)
- Washtenaw County Health Department
- Covid-19 Test Finder
COVID-19 screening is offered to anyone with at least one symptom, including: fever higher than 100 degrees, cough, shortness of breath, severe tiredness/fatigue, sore throat, muscle aches, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, runny nose/congestion, or decreased appetite. Bring insurance information.
Covid-19 Vaccine Scheduling
- Washtenaw County Health Department
- People 65+or who cannot use the online form can call (734) 544-6700 to schedule an appointment.
- Call (866) 211-5320 to schedule via phone
- Call local store to schedule via phone
- Text “COVID” to 75049 to register and receive updates.
- Packard Health
- Rite Aid
- Sam’s Club (you do not need to be a member to receive a vaccine)
- Must create free Walgreens account
- To schedule via phone, call your local pharmacy or 1-800-925-4733
- Detroit Area Vaccine Hunters
- Vaccine Angel Form (please fill out only if you need help scheduling an appointment)
- Nurse on the Run Program
- Homebound individuals unable to go to a vaccination site can schedule home visits through the Nurse on the Run program. Leave a message at 734-544-6700 or email Lfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid Vaccine Clinics
NEW! Transportation to Covid Appointments
- The Ride/Washtenaw County Health Department
- Vaccinate Washtenaw Project (Foenix Mobility Rising)
- Call (844) 900-4892 and use code “Vaccinate Washtenaw” to book your ride(s).
- Ahead of the Curve Caregiver Training
- Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Hotline– Call (800) 272-3900 or email email@example.com
- Caregiver Coaching (via the Area Agency on Aging 1-B)- Visit the website for more information.
- Caregiver Conversations (via Jewish Family Services)- Call (734) 971-0209 ext. 374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Catching Your Breath (via Michigan Medicine)- Visit the website for more information.
- Covid-19 Tips for Caregivers of People with Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- Grandparents as Parents (via Catholic Social Services)- Call (734) 971-9781 and press “8” for Senior Services.
- Guided Meditations (via Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center)
- Homewatch Caregivers published tips for caregivers to balance social distancing and providing care
- Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center Caregiver Programs
- Silver Club Caregiver Support Program– Call (734) 998-9349 or email email@example.com with your name, phone number, and preferred contact method to be connected with other Silver Club caregivers.
- Volunteer Caregiver Respite (via Catholic Social Services)- Call (734) 971-9781 and press “8” for Senior Services.
- Washtenaw Integrated Senior Experience (via Jewish Family Services)- Call (734) 971-0209 ext. 374 for more information.
Food Assistance- Food Pantries
Please note that pantry hours/days may change. Find the most up to date information by visiting Food Gatherers’ website: www.foodgatherers.org/needfood or calling them at (734) 761-2795
- Aid in Milan (offering grab and go groceries during business hours)
- Bethesda Bible Church (2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month 10:00am-12:00pm)
- Catholic Social Services Northside Food Pantry (Tu 2:00-5:30pm & Th 10:00am-2:30pm)
- Community Action Network/Bryant Community Center (M-Th 10:00am-3pm, F 10:00am-2:00pm)
- Faith in Action (M, W 11:00am-7:00pm & Tu, Th 9:00am-4:00pm)
- Hope Clinic (M, W, F 9:30am-12:00pm, T, Th 12:30-3:00pm, Sa 10:00am-12:00pm)
- Offer grocery delivery for homebound community members who do not have anyone to pick up groceries for them, live in the local area and are in need of food. Call Hope on Tuesdays from 10am-noon at (734) 484-2989. Groceries will be delivered on Wednesdays between 2-5pm.
- Pantry appointments available! Call (734) 484-2989 weekdays, 9 AM – 5 PM to set up an appointment.
- Jesus International Ministry Network (Sa, 10:30am- 12:00pm, 4th Sa of the month 11:30am-1:00pm)
- Jewish Family Services Delivery and curb-side pickup available. Call (734) 769-0209 (prompt 6) or place a request online by the previous Friday to reserve.
- Joyful Treats (Tu 2:30-4:30pm)
- Manchester Community Resource Center (M, W 11:30am-2:30pm, T, Th 9:00am-2:30pm, F 9:00am-12:00pm)- Call the office at (734) 428-7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- Manchester Family Services (3rd Wednesday of the month 1:00-3:00pm)- Call (734) 428-8852 for location
- Northfield Human Services (M, Tu 11:00am-1:00pm & 2:00-5:00pm)
- Saline Area Social Services (M 10:00am-5:30pm, T-Th 10:00am-2:30pm)
- Salvation Army- Ann Arbor (Tu, Th 10:00-11:45am & 1:00-3:00pm)
- St. Andrews Church (Sa 7:30-8:30am)
- SOS Community Food Pantry (Tu 1:00-6:30pm, W 9:00am-1:00pm)
- Click here for a full list compiled by Food Gatherers
Food Assistance- Home Delivered and Carry Out Meals
- Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels (currently has wait list)
- Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels (currently has wait list- must have medical necessity )
- Pittsfield Township Senior Center is offering carry out meals (Must be an established participant to receive meals)
- Hope Clinic (Hot meals available Sa, Su, M, Tu, Th 5:00-6:00pm)- Carry out only. Grocery delivery available. Visit the website for more information.
- Jewish Family Services– Curbside pickup. Call (734) 769-0209
- St. Andrews Church (7 days/week 7:30-8:30am)- Carry out only
Free/Low Cost Masks
- Washtenaw County Free Mask Program– This link has a list of free distribution sites throughout the county. Visit website or call the county office at (734) 544-6748 for more information.
- Michigan Medicine Clear Mask Program– Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Clinic (visit online or call 734-484-2989)
- Packard Health
- Ann Arbor West: (734) 926-4900
- Ann Arbor East: (734) 971-1073
- Ypsilanti: (734) 985-7200
- Individuals in need of health insurance can contact Washtenaw Health Plan by phone to receive assistance applying for Medicaid
- United Way and FamilyWize are offering prescription delivery: Call (800) 222-2818
- Michigan COVID-19 Hotline for Questions: 1-888-535-6136 (Call M-F 8:00am-5:00pm)
- National Disability Covid-19 Healthcare Support and Advocacy Hotline (800-626-4959) (24/7)
- Washtenaw County Health Department’s page on Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Medication Delivery
- Resources from the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Covid tips for LGBT+ older adults and adults who are HIV+
- Creating a care plan
- Creating a Person-Centered Profile
Home Services– Utilities
- Consumers Energy has suspended gas shutoffs for non-payment for low-income customers and older adults. Call 1-800-477-5050 with questions.
- DTE has suspended shutoffs for non-payment for low-income customers and older adults. If you are in need of payment assistance due to loss of income or a medical condition, call 1-800-477-4747.
- Dexter residents can call the City of Dexter if they are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Dexter’s Utility Billing Clerk can be reached at (734) 580-2232.
- Saline residents can call the City of Saline if they are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Saline’s Utility Billing Clerk can be reached at (734) 429-4907, Ext. 2204.
- Milan is waiving penalties to late payments for utilities. Residents can set up a payment plan without interest.
- Faith in Action has emergency funds to help with gas, water, and electric shut off as well as eviction notices.
- AT&T will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Call (800) 288-2020 if you need help paying your bill.
- Sprint will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Verizon will waive late payment fees and will not terminate a customer’s service due to inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Comcast offering ‘Internet Essentials’ package free for low-income customers for 60 days
- Spectrum is opening their wifi hotspots to the public
- Everyoneon.org connects you to low-cost deals on internet packages in your area
- Salvation Army Energy Assistance Services- Apply online or call your local Salvation Army.
- Friends in Deed offers utility assistance.
- Read the Ahead of the Curve Blog post about finding low cost internet service in Washtenaw County
- Tenant Resources/Know Your Rights
- Various district courts have suspended evictions
- The Housing Access of Washtenaw County (HAWC) intake line can be reached at (734) 961-1999 (M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm)
- SOS Community Services has installed porto-potties with sinks at both their Ypsilanti locations to help those experiencing homelessness meet their hygiene needs (114 North River Street in Ypsilanti & 101 South Huron Street in Ypsilanti)
- Hope Clinic’s Wash with Care program offers appointments (1.5hrs) available Mon-Fri from 9 – 11am, 11:15 am- 1:15 pm and 1:30-3:30 pm. To schedule a Wash with Care appointment please call (734) 961-3124 on Fridays.
- Community Mental Health of Washtenaw County Crisis Line (734) 544-3050.
- Disaster Distress Helpline offers 24/7 crisis counseling for distress related to natural and human-caused disasters (call 1-800-985-5990).
- Jewish Family Services’ THRIVE Counseling is available via phone and is accepting new clients. Call (734) 436-4249 or email hello@thrivecounselingA2.com for more information.
- Behavioral Health Counseling Services (via Catholic Social Services)- Call (734) 916-0155 for more information or to complete an intake.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (800-799-7233)
- NAMI Michigan has a list of mental health resources on their website
- Turner Geriatric Clinic is offering a virtual grief support group for older adults or family members of older adults affected by loss due to COVID-19 (via Zoom/phone). Call (734) 764-2556 for more information.
- Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County offers a friendly caller program. Call (734) 971-9781 and press “8” for Senior Services.
- GetSetup teaches older adults how to use videoconferencing, telemedicine, and other technology.
- Well Connected offers activities, education, support groups, and friendly conversation over the phone or online (visit online or call 877-797-7299).
- Silver Club Memory Programs is currently providing free virtual activities for current members. Email Germedsilverclub@umich.edu for more information.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is offering free online courses. Visit their website for more information.
- Commun02 is a free social app. Contact Jewish Family Services at (734) 769-0209 for more information.
- Senior Planet offers a wide variety of online courses and activities.
- Click here for information on what services Washtenaw County senior centers are offering during Covid.
- Click here for service updates from The Ride
- Materials in multiple languages
- Covid-19 information in Spanish (via Penn State)
- Ann Arbor Distilling Company giving away free hand sanitizer
- What to do if you see price gouging
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services offering food delivery and friendly caller program
- Area Agency on Aging 1-B published a list of resources
- City of Ypsilanti introduces COVID Assistance Care Packages (includes cloth mask for each household member, 2 rolls paper towel, 2 rolls toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant)
- City of Ypsilanti offers Covid Assistance Care Packages
- Washtenaw County Mutual Aid + Resources Facebook Group
- Grocery pickup/delivery (may need to order a week in advance)
- Aldi: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Argus Farm Stop offers pick up and deliveryhead
- Calder Dairy offers milk and select groceries for delivery ($3 delivery charge)
- Costco: Offers curbside pickup through Instacart ($9.99/month). You do not have to be a Costco member.
- FreshThyme: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Kroger: Offering free curbside pickup, no minimum purchase ($9.95 for delivery)(now accepts SNAP benefits for online orders)
- Meijer: Offers curbside pickup for $4.45 or delivery for $9.95 (not all stores are participating, e.g., Meijer Ypsilanti)
- People’s Food Coop (Ann Arbor) offers order pickup
- Plum Market: Offers delivery through Instacart ($9.99/month).
- Produce Station offers curbside pickup
- Sparrow Market (Kerrytown): Call (734) 769-2725 (groceries) or (734) 734-761-8175 (meat) or email email@example.com to place an order. Free curbside pickup.
- Target offers drive up pickup, in store pickup, and delivery (must use Target phone app to select drive up pickup)
- Walmart: Offers free curbside pickup and delivery with minimum $50 order
- M-Response Corps (Michigan Medicine Students) is starting a Grocery Delivery Initiative. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Muslim Community Association of Ann Arbor is offering free home delivery of groceries and medication to older adults/those who are high risk for COVID-19
- Senior Helpers will shop for groceries and deliver them on your behalf. Call (734) 927-3111 or email Annarbordistribution@seniorhelpers.com.
- Ypsilanti Food Coop offers free curbside pickup (email email@example.com)
- A2GroceryDelivery.com offers grocery delivery without added fees
- Stores offering special Senior Hours
- Aldi: Tu, Th 8:30-9:30am
- Dollar General: M-F 8:00-9:00am
- Kroger: M, W, F 7:00-8:00am
- Meijer: Tu, Th 7:00-8:00am
- Target: W 8:00-9:00am
- Walmart: Tu 7:00-8:00am (includes vision centers, pharmacy, and grocery pickup)
- Whole Foods: M-F 8:00-9:00am
- Ypsilanti Food Coop: M-F, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Pet Supplies Plus offers free 2-hr curbside pickup on online orders
- Huron Valley Humane Society Pet Food Assistance
- Huron Valley Humane Society Bountiful Bowls Pet Food Pantry (visit online or call 734-661-3528)
- Huron Valley Humane Society Safe Harbor Program for pets whose owners are hospitalized and are without other resources (visit online or call 734-661-3512).
Click below to download a printable flyer with information about resources:
Hoping you stay safe, healthy, and connected! – The Ahead of the Curve team