Back to all posts

Housing options in Washtenaw County 

Housing is an issue that a lot of people faced even before Covid. Where can older adults look for housing that they can afford? How do you choose the best housing for you? 

Housing Assistance 

  • The first step in getting help with housing is to call Housing Access of Washtenaw County (HAWC). If you’re facing a housing crisis you can call HAWC at (734) 961-1999. 
  • Housing Bureau for Seniors offers housing counseling, eviction prevention, and foreclosure prevention. 
  • Ann Arbor Housing Commission (AAHC) seeks to provide desirable housing and related supportive services for low-income individuals and families on a transitional and/or permanent basis. 

Subsidized/Low-Cost Housing 

Independent Living 

Assisted Living 

Memory Care 

You can always look up housing resources using the Online Senior Resource Directory

Check out our online training

Are you Ahead of the Curve? Take our short training any time to learn more about ways to support older adults in your family or community. You’ll learn to identify when someone might need more help and which resources are available for support.

Explore the Washtenaw County Senior Resource Directory

Our easy to use and regularly updated resource directory is a one-stop guide to older adult services in Washtenaw County.